Okay, I just copied all my blogger posts (on tripecac.blogspot.com) to my wordpress blog on tripalot.com.
I did this because I want:
- daily automatic backups on the server so that I can rollback
- manual backups to my local pcs, in case the server dies
- to be able to hack all aspects of the blogging code, not just html templates
- to host my blog on tripalot.com not blogspot.com.
- to be able to move my blog to any *AMP server later
On the downside, I realize that:
- blogger seemed easier out-of-the-box than wordpress
- blogger felt like part of a community (whereas tripalot.com is very isolated)
- blogger may have some stats that wordpress on tripalot.com doesn't (dunno for sure)
- every minute I spend hacking the code is a minute I'm not writing posts (or music)
Okay, that's it for now.