[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Tribute songs - Interpreters Volume 4 - Underway
tripalot.com > cope > forum

Tribute songs - Interpreters Volume 4 - Underway

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Tribute songs - Interpreters Volume 4 - Underway

Postby Tripecac on 2008-02-18 09:48:19

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2008-04-10 12:56:49

I've created an FTP account so that people can upload their songs, even WAV files!

The url is: ftp://tripalot.com

(I think IE lets you drag and drop to upload, but I usually use the command line).

For login info, you'll have to contact me when you are ready to contribute your song!

----

Here's the command line FTP instructions (for Windows):

1) open a command line
2) change to the drive which contains the file(s) you want to upload
-- e.g., type: d: to change to your "d" drive
3) cd to the directory which contains the file(s) you want to upload
-- e.g., type: cd \songs\covers\cope
4) type: ftp tripalot.com
5) enter the username
6) enter the password
7) type: bin
8) type: hash
9) type: prompt
10) type: put "your-song-file"
-- e.g., type: put "My Safesurfer.wav"
11) wait for the transfer to complete (you should see lots of hash marks while it uploads)
12) type: quit

Or just use an FTP client.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2008-04-10 14:22:38

Thanks Trav, much easier\quicker submitting songs this way.
Spacecat
Regular

Re: Tribute songs - Interpreters Volume 4 - Underway

Postby Tripecac on 2010-04-15 16:43:17

Any more submissions for Volume 4?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2010-04-19 12:07:35

Hi Trav, I may have a recording of 'Soul Desert' I had a go at a while back. I'll have a look for it next week and maybe finish it off. You contributing anything on Vol. 4?
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2010-04-19 12:41:34

Spacecat - Super!

I definitely would love to contribute another song to Volume 4. Hopefully I will get a chance. I've been traveling for a while now, and have been without my music gear since September!

Just let me know when your song is ready and I'll setup that FTP account for you!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2010-07-05 18:59:54

Spacecat, how's "Soul Desert" going?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2010-07-06 04:56:47

Hi Trav,

It's not at the moment. It's been one thing or another and then the World Cup kicked in so we were well distracted. Hopefully we'll have another bash at it next week.

Spacecat
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2010-08-24 12:21:55

Hi, Spacecat, any luck finding time to work on "Soul Desert"? Or are things still hectic?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2010-08-24 15:41:15

Good timing Trav - I've just got a couple of days off work so should finish it off by the end of this week (lost a singer to another band so I've had to have a bash at it myself). Also trying to get 'China Doll' started but another band member is on his hols.

Spacecat
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2010-08-24 15:59:18

Excellent! That inspires me to turn my my own keyboard and work on some music today!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2010-08-25 09:22:55

Trav - ready to send the track - are the instructions still the same as above?
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2010-08-25 10:38:02

Spacecat -

Yes, the FTP instructions should still work. I'll send you the login info.

Also, if it's an mp3, you can try emailing it to me, or even attaching it to a post in the forum, or a private message to me. You can even try it with a WAV file, although it might time out.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2012-12-09 12:31:26

Hi Trav,

Just came across these covers - http://www.youtube.com/user/UndertheInfluenced?feature=watch

"monthly acoustic night at The Boogaloo. Some of the best new songwriters play three songs: two of their own and one by the featured artist of the month".

Cope was a featured artist in July. Some of these live tracks would make a nice addition to Vol.4 if you could get their permission.
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2012-12-09 16:43:32

Awesome, thanks for the pointer! Watching those clips now...
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope