[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Cope photo - Anyone recognize the location?
tripalot.com > cope > forum

Cope photo - Anyone recognize the location?

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Cope photo - Anyone recognize the location?

Postby Tripecac on 2007-11-12 07:07:21

I really like this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/david_nimrod/1516847118/

Does anyone recognize the location?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2008-03-21 07:34:16

Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2008-03-21 07:36:31

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2008-03-21 07:52:17

Haven't been to too many as I am trying to resist buying a car until after my MA, mostly because I can't afford it, especially when petrol [gas for all the state-siders] is running at £5 a gallon - I guess that's over $10US. For now I am happy enough to hire a car whenever I need one. On a day to day basis I really don't need one as Britain is very easy to get around using trains and buses.

Have visited a few though and have to go back to the area where the picture was taken very soon to continue doing work for my college project.

The great thing about an MA is that I get to choose my subject area. For my major project right now I am trying to explore the question: "How can design be best used to communicate the modern experience of ancient British sites?". After visiting, photographing and recording the area mentioned above I am working on translating my experience into at least one experimental book design. Hopefully soon I'll have some of the results up on my web site for all to see.

For my dissertation I am exploring the question "How the Neolithics influenced rock 'n' roll". Basically looking at all the occurances that neolithic iconography has been used in cover art, set design, music, lyrics etc. More importantly I want to try and answer the question why such places built thousands of years ago has been adopted by rock music, especially heavy rock and metal. Oh yes, I haven't told anyone yet, but in a couple of weeks [fingers crossed] I should be interviewing Julian for my research!

I am though, planning and saving up for a trip this summer to the Isle of Lewis to see Calanais and then on to the Orkneys to visit Brodgar, Stenness, Maes Howe etc. I've decided that for the next while I'm not going to travel outside of the UK as there is so much of these islands that I've never seen.
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2008-03-21 08:41:45

Awesome! I look forwarding to checking out your book/project! That's so cool that you are able to combine something lucrative with your Cope hobby! :) :) :)

Good luck on the interview! Have you ever talked to him in person before?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2008-03-21 12:23:51

The quick answer is yes. Email me off-board [info at trampolene dot c a] and I'll fill you in. Sorry if this sounds evasive in any way...
Common Era
Regular

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope