tripalot.com > cope > forum

Pete Wylie

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Postby Spacecat on 2007-09-30 05:19:40

Well, last night's Classic gig in The Zanzibar was just...Classic. In one of the three sets he played, Wylie (playing in a trio) covered 'Reward' and 'Read It In Books'. He also did 'Better Scream'.

Mick Finkler and Paul Simpson were both in the audience.

If it had recorded well I'd have asked him could we submit it to Vol. 3 (would have been interesting to see what his reaction would be to that) but as it turned out it was a really bad recording and I wasn't drunk enough to ask...
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-09-30 06:53:28

Wow! Maybe a Teardrops reunion isn't that far off??? ;)

It still would be cool to hear how that concert sounded. I don't know any of Paul Wylie's non-Teardrops stuff. Do you have any recommended starting points?
Last edited by Tripecac on 2007-11-01 21:08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2007-09-30 14:46:47

Do you mean Paul Simpson or Pete Wylie? I presume it's Paul Simpson - to be honest I haven't really followed the other members of the Teardrops but I had been thinking about buying some of The Wild Swans stuff.
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-10-01 06:02:40

Sorry, I meant Pete Wylie!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2007-10-21 15:57:49

I find it hard to recommend his recorded stuff as I much prefer him live (going again this Saturday - I think he's doing an acoustic set), they had a couple of great singles when they started out (Better Scream and Seven Minutes To Midnight) then a few big hits (Story Of The Blues, Come Back, Sinful) but there's a good demo album of his knockin' about - 'Pete Sounds'.

Just got some of The Wild Swans stuff and I should of got it years ago - it's great.

Try http://music-isms.blogspot.com/2007_08_01_archive.html - it's a great site that has lots of late 70's early 80's liverpool music (I'd recommend the Dalek I Love You tracks, this was Alan Gill from the Teardrops).
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-10-23 10:58:33

That's cool stuff! Some of the Big in Japan tracks are great. I wish they'd stuck together.

Do you have a rapidshare account, or do you have to wait 45 minutes between each download?

I wish there were an easier way to hear this out of print stuff (I'm assuming it's out of print).
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2007-10-23 12:24:12

Most of it is unavailable now. I had some of these tracks on vinyl from years ago (still have the 'Lake Placid' album) but there's quite a bit i didn't have or meant to get at the time but in those days the wages only stretched to usually just one LP a week and some of these just got passed over. I don't have a rapidshare account - just download something whenever I switch on the pc (the waiting time varies if you want to download a second file after the first). Sound quality isn't great on some as you can hear crackles and jumps from the record but I'd buy the DILY albums if they are available on CD.
Spacecat
Regular

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope