tripalot.com > cope > forum

Just Like Cope....

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Just Like Cope....

Postby Spacecat on 2007-10-28 16:18:44

Has anyone heard these???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxZ-n4Is684

Check out the albums in the video....and also take a listen to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIDn2h_upbY

.....I was gobsmacked!!!!
Spacecat
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-10-28 17:55:11

Wow! That is very close! How in the world did you find that?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2007-10-28 18:01:18

Ah! I just noticed the Sleeping Gas trumpet near the end of the first clip (at 3:11).

Too bad it's [apparently] a novelty act. I'd love to hear more early Cope-like stuff.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Spacecat on 2007-10-29 03:59:44

I went to watch the Bunnymen at the Cavern last Friday and was talking to Will Sergeant afterwards. He told me to check them out as they were dead like the Teardrops.

I didn't really think of them of a novelty act (OK...maybe the videos were). They must have been around for a while as I think there about to release their third album this week, and after the second clip 'The Story Of Love', I'd made up my mind to buy it.
Spacecat
Regular

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope