[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Hi Andrew
tripalot.com > cope > forum

Hi Andrew

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Hi Andrew

Postby Tripecac on 2006-11-01 16:00:18

So Andrew, you are moving back to the UK? Where are you going to be staying? Are you glad you can finally put the Modern Antiquarian to use?

Why did you decide to leave Ft McMurray / Canada?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2006-12-19 15:42:46

Hey Trav,

Sorry, its been a while since I checked in here. As far as my plans go, everything is moving forward nicely. My last day of work here at the college is this Friday and I finally fly out of here on January 14th. Nervously excited about the whole deal. The fear I have about not really knowing what I am going to do or where I am going to go is still grossly out weighed by the fear of waking up here and 20 years will have gone by!

Looking forward to meeting lots more Cope-heads and attending as many Cope gigs as possible. Of course Trav, there will always be somewhere for you to stay when you come over to catch a show or two in the near future.

Ultimately though, my decision to leave was motivated by the growing feeling that I had achieved everything I ever wanted to here in Fort McMurray. The idea of simply moving somewhere to start a new job didn't appeal to me so I decided the best thing for me to do was to go back to school. Having done all my other education in the UK it felt logical to move back there to persue my Masters degree.

Also, I don't have family here and being single for the first time in ages made me realise how lonely I felt at times and with my dad getting older and my nieces growing like weeds, I didn't want to have to wait for my annual vacation every year to see them.

But mostly it was the growing need to take a risk and try something new. Everyone loves what I do here as far as my work goes, but you know, to me that's not enough. I want to be surrounded by people that inspire me, critique my work and make me want to take it to the next level. Basically I was starting to feel way too secure and I didn't like it. It took away "the edge", whatever that is. I have lots of things on my to-do list and I don't want to wait any longer to do them!

I'm going to be "disconnected" for a while very soon, so I'll drop back in as soon as I can.

All-love

Andrew
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-12-19 16:10:40

Hi Andrew!

It sounds like you have very good reasons for moving back to the UK. What field will you be studying?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-03-12 03:30:03

Hi Trav,

Everything is going great since getting back here in January. I'm loving the spring weather and just the whole idea of being here from a cultural perspective. Of course the announcement of a Cope tour in May was a delight as I now plan on being a groupie for the first time ever. So far it looks like I am going to the Reading, Birmingham, Gloucester, Northampton and Stoke gigs.

I'm applying to do my Masters in Graphic Design. I sent off one application last week and have to sort out another couple this week and get them in.

Went down to Birmingham on Saturday for the big HH meet up at The Wellington. Wonderful to meet up with people who names I have been reading for years on HH.

So when are you coming over to visit?
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-03-12 11:01:32

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-03-26 04:05:24

Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-03-26 17:21:55

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-06-04 06:20:32

It was mostly personal stuff like books, cds, records, pictures, camping equipment, tools, plus some bits of furniture I had built and my bike. Never really owned anything of value on either side of the Atlantic!

It arrived about six weeks after shipping, just after I had moved into my new place here so it was perfect. The great thing was that only one cheap wine glass was broken. Once it all arrived I was glad I had shipped the stuff I did.
Common Era
Regular

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope