[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Cope mp3s
tripalot.com > cope > forum

Cope mp3s

Successor to Rail On (and The Culture Bunker)

Cope mp3s

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-06 07:10:10

Here's where we can post links to Cope/Teardrop mp3s.

-----------

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/wsym/mp3.php (BAD LINKS)
- Head Heritage used to have a bunch of rare Cope tracks on mp3, but the links are dead. Anyone know where we can find these?

http://dominorally.blogspot.com/2005_08 ... chive.html
- 2 teardrop mp3s
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-25 08:53:38

Here's a link to the Julian Cope tribute page. There's lots of mp3s available for each of the volumes so far:
http://www.tripalot.com/cope/interpreters/

We discuss the upcoming Tribute CD (Interpreters Volume 3) here:
http://tripalot.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=24

Does anyone know of any other online Cope-related mp3s? Some radio sessions or live gigs, perhaps?
Last edited by Tripecac on 2008-07-30 07:41:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-03-12 03:43:16

Haven't seen any sites with Cope mp3s sadly. At torrentspy.com there is a complete Cope discography posted, but chances are it would take weeks to download! Interestingly, there is alos a torrent for the Rite Trilogy and Odin cds.

There are some interesting clips appearing on youtube now though which are worth checking out.

I now have 1GB of storage at Trampolene and have thought about doing some radio session features, a kind of weekly download, but there is the whole legality aspect of it which I really don't want to get into.

Last year I started the process of transfering my collection to digital format. I'm now up to 1994, and so far it all fits onto 2 DVDs in 192kbps AAC format. I have most of the recent stuff already done, its just those mid 90s years that are taking the longest as that is when he insisted on doing thaose 3 hour+ concerts!

Would love to have the whole collection online at the end of it, but I simply don't have the space and bandwidth.
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-03-12 10:48:58

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-06-10 04:29:59

As a quick update to this thread, I have recently finished my on-again, off-again project of digitizing my entire Cope collection. Just finishing up the Teardrops stuff now. It certainly makes it a lot easier to make copies having it all imported and catalogued in iTunes and obviously takes up a lot less space.

In the end the Cope stuff is over 300 recordings, mostly live shows, but demos, sessions and interviews too. The whole collection fits onto 8 single layer dvds, or 4 dual layer.

Its been a great process as I had to record the tapes into the computer then go through the recordings and split them into tracks. Didn't really listen to the songs themselves but did catch a lot of the in between banter which was highly entertaining!

If you wanted to listen to all the Cope solo recordings it would take 14 days, 14 hours, 33 minutes and 56 seconds. Gotta love iTunes!
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-10 08:54:16

That's awesome. At what rate did you rip them? 128? 256? 320?

Do you have any plans for uploading some of the gigs to Trampolene or another site? Or doing a podcast?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Common Era on 2007-06-11 05:10:38

They are all ripped at 192 kbps with no discernable loss of quality. I don't plan to make any available on line as I simply don't have the bandwidth or storage space. Trampolene is limited to 1GB per month bandwidth which I have exceeded a couple of times this year already by posting video clips of the recoent tour. I can increase the bandwidth but would then have to pay a monthly fee, and to be honest I like it not costing me anything right now!

There is a list of everything I have in the music section of trampolene and having it all in iTunes now makes it easy to burn either MP3 cds or Audio cds for anyone, or upload files to their ftp server as I did this weekend.

I'm going to be looking to offload a whole bunch of recordings that I had burned to cds over the years pretty soon, once I have completed the Teardrop Explodes bit. I'm keeping my original sources, whether they are cassettes or cds, but anything that I had transfered to cd will go. May set up a competition on Trampolene and the winner gets the lot. Its not the whole collection, but is still more than 100 recordings.
Common Era
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-11 09:40:03

That competition/giveaway sounds like a great idea!

How are you going to backup your collection? On DVD? Hard disk? Tape?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: (Spacecat) (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Julian Cope" forum: Spacecat Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Julian Cope