tripalot.com > comsat > forum

Favorite non-studio album

Successor to the Comsat Fellowship

What is your favorite non-studio album from the Comsat Angels?

Enz
14%
Time Considered...
29%
Unravelled
43%
From Beyond 2
14%

Total votes : 7

Favorite non-studio album

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-01 08:42:19

More curiosity...
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz on 2006-09-06 22:28:05

I voted for Unravelled because it gave me a new appreciation for some of the tracks on My Minds Eye, an album which hadn't really connected with me before. It also introduced me to a great track that I hadn't heard before--Storm of Change. I would like to learn more about this track--is there a "ravelled" version, and if so, from what period does it date?

Also, if memory serves, I've heard that there are two different versions of Unravelled. I have the one released on Crisis (catalogue no. 500 006 - 2) with the following tracks:

1. After the Rain
2. Beautiful Monster
3. The Cutting Edge
4. Field of Tall Flowers
5. SS100X
6. Our Secret
7. Always Near
8. Eye of the Lens
9. Storm of Change
10. Audrey in Denim
11. Citadel

I would be interested in knowing more about the other version (if indeed there is one) and whether it is worth tracking down.

Thanks in advance for any replies. And Thanks Travis for the time and effort you put into hosting this forum for us. I know it is not without it's challenges! I like the new format.
Zardoz

"Enz"

Postby The Road Worrier on 2006-09-28 00:05:55

I was excited when I discovered "Enz" since it contained "(Do The) Empty House" and "It's History" among the other gems. My copy of the cassette version of "Fiction" which contained those songs had been stolen (along with most of the rest of my music collection!) I was kind of disappointed to find out that those two songs were actually "bonus tracks" and not on the vinyl LP version. So I was quite happy to see those two songs and a bunch of other ones that I had not yet heard on a record I had not heard of at that point. "Eye Of The Lens" and "Another World" quickly became favourites. I had a 90 minute cassette that had "Enz" on one side and The Chameleons singles, B-sides, demos collection "The Fan And The Bellows" on the other side. A good pairing I think.
The Road Worrier

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-28 06:42:27

Sounds like a cool tape!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: The Road Worrier (Tripecac) Zardoz

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Comsat Angels" forum: Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Comsat Angels