tripalot.com > comsat > forum

Favorite studio album

Successor to the Comsat Fellowship

What is your favorite studio album from the Comsat Angels?

Waiting for a Miracle
29%
Sleep No More
43%
Fiction
14%
Land
No votes
7 Day Weekend
No votes
Chasing Shadows
14%
Fire on the Moon
No votes
My Mind's Eye
No votes
The Glamour
No votes

Total votes : 7

Favorite studio album

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-01 08:35:39

Everyone likes polls, right?
Last edited by Tripecac on 2006-09-07 05:53:08, edited 2 times in total.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Zardoz on 2006-09-06 22:50:46

Great idea to do some polls, Travis.

I see that Fire on the Moon is omitted from the choices, not that I would vote for it as my favourite, but it's not as bad as some make out.

This is a tough call for me, but in the end I voted for Chasing Shadows. A good many of my favourite Comsat songs date from the period of the first three Polydor albums. My problem with those albums, though, is that I don't really like listening to any of them completely from start to finish, as there are one or two tracks on each one that ever so slightly miss the mark for me. I am totally mesmerized by Chasing Shadows everytime I play it. It's got a healthy sprinkling of the tension buildups and releases that I really admire in their music, every song connects lyrically with me, and Steve's (underrated) vocals are mixed way up front for a change.
Zardoz

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-07 05:58:47

Okay, I added Fire on the Moon. Thanks for reminding me!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Madam on 2006-09-11 16:32:01

I might agree that there are tracks on those early albums that are maybe not quite there all the time-but the music is also of personal and historical significance to me, so I voted WFAM without hesitation. It's sparse and chilling and strange, and it has Monkey Pilot on there...it also shows all of that promise and potential...
Madam

"Fiction"

Postby The Road Worrier on 2006-09-27 19:11:58

I have to go with "Fiction" as it was my introduction to The Comsat Angels. It was the winter of 1987 and I was browsing through the import cassette(!) section of a chain store in a mall in suburban Albuquerque. The name of the band caught my eye and the cover art intrigued me. I was not at all familiar with them but I decided to take a chance. What a happy accident! "After The Rain" hooked me immediately with it's sort of 'jazzy' brushed cymbals, chiming guitar, and Steve's melancholy vocals. The rest of the album kind of had to grow on me but before long it was in regular rotation in the stereo of my 1966 VW Bug. It it still one of my favourite albums to listen to during a rainy morning drive. Interestingly, that cassette had a slightly different running order than the LP and included "It's History" and "(Do The) Empty House".
The Road Worrier

Re: Favorite studio album

Postby Tripecac on 2010-08-24 13:16:45

I am curious if the recent re-releases (with bonus tracks) have changed anyone's album preferences.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: The Road Worrier (Tripecac) Zardoz

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Comsat Angels" forum: Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Comsat Angels