[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Hi from Billy
tripalot.com > unme > forum

Hi from Billy

For chatting about music creation

Postby Billy on 2006-09-04 08:18:03

Hey everyone! Hey Travis!! It's been a while, but I'll be posting more often. I guess I've missed the discussions concerning "Citizen" and "Dark." I love Julian's most recent musical direction. Anyone wish to discuss last 2 cds? I've completed a song in the past couple of months directly inspired by "Dark." I'll make it available soon. Oh, here's Abbie's "myspace" site: http://www.myspace.com/nixxinox
Check out her photos. Be back soon.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-04 09:17:51

Billy, great to see you on here! I'm interested in hearing Abbie's music. Has she considered switching to a MySpace band account?

[edit]
Never mind - I see that she has one, but that it's private. Is that because she's only 15 or is her band page still a work in progress?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Billy on 2006-09-07 07:27:04

Travis, I'm not really shure how you can view Abbie's "band my space" as I only check it out when she's here tweaking her page. She's written a few songs, and I've recorded only one. She enters every talent show in our area, only to get beaten by some 10-year-old singing karaoke to the current Country song. I'll check with Abbie and find out how you can view her site.
Billy
Regular

Postby Billy on 2006-09-14 23:11:24

Travis, did you ever get through to Abbie's myspace?
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-15 07:14:05

Yeah, I can hear her song now. She has heavy/mature tastes!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Billy on 2006-09-15 07:59:38

Yeah, constant exposure, I guess. That is the only song of her own that she has recorded. I hope to record more of her stuff soon.
Wow, you have been steady writting/recording! I've been going through your songs on your site which I don't have. I like most of what I've heard. I hope to explore them further.

I've got some Cope covers of which I've remixed and will get them to you soon.
Abbie has another talent show tonight @7pm. It's going to be a hectic day!
Billy
Regular

Postby Billy on 2006-09-19 07:46:06

Abbie placed 3rd in talent show last Friday evening! Trav, check out new project
First song kinda sucks, being I don't care for those "feel sorry for me" lyrics. I like the "Wake Up..." song, being it's a direct descendant of papa H.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-20 16:27:38

Neat! I definitely hear the Cope influence in the second song "Wake Up the Living Dead". Who all's in the band?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Billy on 2006-09-21 06:09:57

Well, Faculty X is just a concept band and consists of whoever is around when I'm recording. "Leave..." started out as good ole Mickey J of Trash Head and myself doing the music. Mickey is doing the bass, keyboards, and slide guitar. I'm doing the drum track, guitars, and guitar solo. An old friend came by one day and wrote those lyrics as I did the vocals. At a later session Jonathan Poulston came by and added a vocal track with myself, then Mickey added more vocals at a later date.
"Wake..." is pretty much myself with Mickey on bass. I'll add more songs soon. Thanks for checking it out.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-25 08:47:50

Do you have a site where you include all your music online? I'd love mp3 or CD versions of your solo material. Have you organized your music into "albums" yet, or is your stuff mostly scattered across lots of tapes?

Seriously, it'd be really cool to see a complete list of your music. Solo stuff, Trash Head, etc.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Billy on 2006-09-27 11:13:02

I've remixed all the old 4-track Trash Head and pre-TH stuff, then compiled 12 cds worth of songs (this includes all the Cope covers). I have compiled a cd worth of mp3s from those 12 cds. As of now, I have nowhere to upload those mp3s on the net. I'm working on the first Faculty X cd. I did manage to put 4 of those Faculty X songs, although edited, on the music space site.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2006-09-28 06:33:36

Let's see, 12 CDs is 12-15 hours, right? Let's say 15. Mp3s at 128 are about 60 MB per hour. So you need around 60 MB/hr * 15 hr = 900 MB of disk space.

I think GarageBand.com lets us have 200 MB. That's only enough to handle around 20% of your songs. If you want all your songs online, you might need to pay for a hosted account.

Tripalot costs me about $120 a year. We get 170 GB of storage. All my Tripecac, IPECAC, and Anchovies mp3s together are about 3 GB. So there's plenty of room for growth. Plus, I get my own domain (tripalot.com) and can run a complex website using mysql, php, etc. It's something to consider.

You could put all your music, photos, family trees, videos, etc. online for friends, family, or everyone to view. $120 a year. Not bad!
Last edited by Tripecac on 2007-06-05 08:50:54, edited 1 time in total.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-05 08:50:19

Billy, did you ever find a place to upload your mp3s? I'd love to hear them!
Tripecac
Site Admin

mp3's

Postby Billy on 2007-06-05 09:19:19

Yeah, I went with your garageband.com suggestion. I have two there. One is under the name of B7, and the other is Trash Head. I have the newer Faculty X stuff on "My Musicspace." I can mail you that mp3 as mentioned on an earlier post.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-05 09:27:20

I found this link:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/trashhead

However, I'm not sure about the other two:

- http://www.garageband.com/artist/B7 is from Texas and doesn't mention your name.
- http://www.myspace.com/facultyx is from California
- I couldn't find Faculty X on musicspace.com.

Do you have some links?
Tripecac
Site Admin

sites

Postby Billy on 2007-06-09 12:14:10

OK, try this:

Sites on musicspace.com
Faculty X-

Sites on garageband.com
B7-
Trash Head-
faculty X-
Nixxi Nox-
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-10 08:55:28

Wow, cool stuff! How many people were involved in those Faculty X songs you uploaded? What did you use to record them?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Billy on 2007-07-02 00:09:39

"Wake Up the Living Dead" is just me.
"Leave Me" uses Mickey Jennings on basses, slide guitar, and backing vocals. Jon Burton, from the "B7" days, wrote the lyrics. Jonathan Poulston shares the vocals with myself, and he also plays the answer/response guitar in the first half of the guitar solo.
"Solkau..." is me on most tracks, but using Mickey on ebowed-guitar and keyboard.
"Theremin..." is myself. I think Mickey sat in on bass and faux-horn section.

I recorded these tracks, with others, in 2006 using SONAR program on my Music XPC. I used an old Delta 44 sound card & breakout box on the Music XPC computer. I did all the drumming using Pearl drums, although I made extensive use of drum loops utilizing the ACID program. For guitars, I used my Gibson XP, "the green Gretsch," and a Jay Turner resonator guitar for slide. A Charvel bass. A Roland (borrowed) and a Casio keyboard.
Billy
Regular

Postby Tripecac on 2007-11-10 12:25:08

Hey Billy, where are you these days? I've sent a couple emails to you via MySpace and GarageBand. Everything going well?

What version of Sonar are you using nowadays? I recent upgraded to 7 and have a nasty automation-related bug (I can post forum links if you want) but aside from that I've really been enjoying Sonar. The Delta 44 is a great card. Did you get an OMNI I/O (fancy break-out box) as well? If not, how are you monitoring your mixes? And what are you using for a synth? The Casio? Is the drum set at home or in a studio?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Billy

Postby Tripecac on 2010-07-05 19:01:30

Hi, Billy, how're the recent Cope covers coming along?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: Billy Spacecat (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "UNME" forum: Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to UNME