tripalot.com > roguelike > forum

Roguelike News - Where do you get your fix?

Successor to Enscriptions

Roguelike News - Where do you get your fix?

Postby Tripecac on 2007-05-21 20:50:58

links: (updated 2010-02-20)
- Rogue Temple - http://www.roguetemple.com/
- Rogue Basin - http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

original post:
In the old days, there was one awesome Roguelike News site. It was frequently updated, very easy to use, and basically the place to go for Roguelike updates.

Is there a similar site these days? Or are there a number of sites we need to check periodically if we want to find out about new versions and new games?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2007-05-30 07:17:48

I found a link to a mirror of the old Roguelike News site: http://pungentpickles.com/rlnews/news.html

This just reminds me of how cool that site was. The design and wealth of info were top-notch.

Why don't we have anything like that today? With all the Web 2.0 tools out there, I'd think a Roguelike news site would be much easier to maintain.

What's up with the leaders of the Roguelike community these days? Did they all get jobs or something? Are they all addicted to World of Warcraft? Are they playing some super-addictive Roguelike that I don't know about?
Tripecac
Site Admin

Re: Roguelike News - Where do you get your fix?

Postby Tripecac on 2010-02-19 11:53:31

Two Roguelike News sites that I've been visiting almost every day recently are Rogue Temple and Rogue Basin. They both do a great job of keeping us abreast of the latest Roguelike developments!

I've added links to them in the top post.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Roguelike Games" forum: Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Roguelike Games