[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4603: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4605: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4606: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4607: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3774)
Trippy Chat • View topic - Springhouse - From Now to OK (2008 album)
tripalot.com > springhouse > forum

Springhouse - From Now to OK (2008 album)

Successor to Postcards

Springhouse - From Now to OK (2008 album)

Postby Tripecac on 2006-11-02 13:19:52

Last edited by Tripecac on 2008-08-19 13:57:05, edited 4 times in total.
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2006-11-02 13:35:01

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2006-11-09 07:56:58

Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2007-06-05 09:05:50

The MySpace page has 3 songs from the new album:

http://www.myspace.com/springhouse

1) Anew (full version)
2) Moving Van
3) Never Impossible (excerpt)

Yay!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Postby Tripecac on 2008-08-19 14:01:38

Tripecac
Site Admin

Re: Springhouse - From Now to OK (2008 album)

Postby Tripecac on 2008-09-03 15:06:50

Release date is currently scheduled for 7 October!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Re: Springhouse - From Now to OK (2008 album)

Postby Tripecac on 2008-09-05 16:20:00

I've had a chance to listen to the new CD several times (in mp3 format)...
And guess what - it's great! Easily my favorite Springhouse album!

However, it's definitely not what I was expecting, which was a slick, shoegazy follow-up to Postcards. Instead, it feels more like low-budget debut, with quicky production, arrangements that are sometimes too sparse or too dense, and small timing and tuning glitches here and there. The first time I heard it (on headphones) I found myself cringing at the rough bits! On my second listen, however, the mistakes didn't bother me as much, since I had gotten used to them. When I listened on speakers, it was even easier to ignore the production and focus on the music within.

And what music! These songs are full of adventure, feeling, and beauty. There are so many gorgeous and catchy moments that all the production quirks are quickly forgiven. The song writing is very strong, with sing-along choruses and engaging orchestrations. Only a couple songs remind me of the old Springhouse; the rest are more like a garage band playing Nick Drake, with a bunch of other stuff mixed in. It's unique, and compelling, and a must-have!

Bravo to the band! I hope they keep making more music!!!

I'd also love to hear these songs performed live. Those of you who are going to the gigs next month are lucky!!!
Tripecac
Site Admin

Users WATCHING this topic: (Tripecac)

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to this topic)

Users WATCHING the "Springhouse" forum: Tripecac

Users NOT watching: 3weezer3 Anjelica Billy Bob Crain BraziMan Common Era HeadOnist MVD Visual Madam Monkey Pilot Orangeskies Paulie Raf Spacecat SteveSubQ The Road Worrier Tony K WizardNeedsFoodBadly Zardoz almudeno69 architeuthis bailorgana bob d c_merengo cb2 chazza clemso darlenehill19 dnpblaze e3sa934 efried factory44 jezza joly kormos mark f missedexit montyclift proche shivaascending smart monkey socio spaceistheplace starsonic stephenray superbunny test test2 tripalot volos314 wcohn zephiloyd

(click your user name to toggle subscription to the forum)

Return to Springhouse